วันจันทร์ที่ 18 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2552

Thinking of taking flying lessons. Is it really safe?

วันจันทร์ที่ 18 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2552
I've done a bit of research on this, and according to the FAA, it looks like every two days a small airplane has a fatal crash.

Is this really safe?!?


I heard a quote a long time ago and forget who said it, but it went something like this...Flying, in and of itself, is inherently safe, but like the sea, can be terribly unforgiving for the ignorant or the careless. I hope this helps your confidence. General Chuck Yeager is a good example of a careful, informed pilot you may have heard about. Was a fighter pilot in jets for years, until he retired, but still flies, and was the first pilot to break the sound barrier, I think.

You are more likely to be killed on the drive to the airport than you are while learning to pilot a plane. Its safe.

Safer than driving. Every 2 minutes in the US there is a fatal automobile crash.

If it wasn't inherently safe, there wouldn't be an entire industry for it.

Word of advice...get your FAA physical EARLY. I waited until I had about 5 hours of flight time before I had to give up due to medication I'm taking. Apparently you can't be on anti-depressents AND be a pilot. Seems funny---like being OFF my meds is preferable to the FAA!!! You CAN be clinically depressed...just NOT MEDICATED to combat it!

Meanwhile, you can apparently fly drunk in the state of Pennsylvania LEGALLY!! At least, you could until someone got caught doing that lollygagging around Phila. Int'l Airport!

it is very safe..........i have had my pilots license for 15 years and never any problems

Oh yeah and enjoy it

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

 
flying lessons © 2008. Design by Pocket