วันอาทิตย์ที่ 19 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2552

Will flying instructors mind if you have flying lessons without going solo?

วันอาทิตย์ที่ 19 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2552
Hi, I have recently been having flying lessons in England. I signed up for an 8 hour package which would teach me the basics of flying (ending in circuits). I fully enjoyed it and I am currently having more lessons. However, I have recently found out my eyesight is not good enough to meet the medical requirements for the NPPL. I was wondering if my instructor would mind if I carried on having lessons even though I will not be able to go solo?

Thanks


No, they won't mind. Most instructors are happy to fly around with you. Instructors are usually in it for the hours and money. I had a couple of students, way back when, that never had any intention of soloing or getting a license. They just liked to fly around with an instructor and have fun. I preferred flying with them actually, because it was easy work. I mean, I didn't really have to teach them anything after a while; I just had to make sure they didn't do anything stupid.

Have a chat with your instructor, I doubt very much if he will object, after all you are still paying. An instructor I know has an elderly lady come to him about once a month for a lesson, she has no intention of being a pilot or going solo. I would also check again about the conditions of your NPPL because there is a clause where your doctor can sign you off as fit to fly under supervision.Keep on flying ....best of luck.

not sure about England, but the FAA requires 10 solo hours before the test

As long as your checks don't bounce.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

 
flying lessons © 2008. Design by Pocket