วันอังคารที่ 28 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2552

Flying Lessons at the Age of 13?

วันอังคารที่ 28 เมษายน พ.ศ. 2552
Hey are there any flying schools that can teach me to fly at 13. I mean I know like most (if not all) teach at 14, but I'm just wondering if I could go at an earlier age.


You can start taking lessons at any age but cannot solo and an aircraft until you are 16 and cannot get your private pilot rating until you are 17. I started taking lessons when I was 13 and really enjoyed it. But I only took a lesson or two a month and really started taking more around 15 years of age. Hope this helps and feel free to contact me regarding any other questions you may have!

Try to find an instructor pilot who doens't work for a company. Often times companies won't teach you to fly becuase of insurance concerns. You can fly with an instructor at any age but you will not be allowed to solo (fly alone) until you are 17 years of age. I know a girl who started flight lessons very early and on her 17th birthday, completed her necessary solos and check rides to complete both her ppl as well has her instrument license. Hope this helps!

Some mixed messages here. You may take lessons that will count towards your hours at any time. You may solo (fly by yourself under your instructor's supervision) at 16 in powered aircraft. You can obtain your Private Pilot's certificate at 17. You may obtain a Commercial certificate at 18 and then after building sufficient hours and experience, Airline Transport at 23.

I might advise you to wait until you are 16 to start training. In the meantime, read books, study, and talk to pilots and learn about flying.

Yes.

0 ความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

 
flying lessons © 2008. Design by Pocket